Shug by Jenny Han

Shug
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was looking for a light read and this book was in my Kindle for a quite a long time. So, I've decided to give this a chance and I'm really glad that I checked it out. It was really worth the time to stay up late and it's also absolutely fine that I was slightly sleepy during the day just to be able to finish this book.

This sort of reminds me of the book Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen because of the age of the protagonists, which is middle-graders. However, I'm slightly leaning to Van Draanen's work because of the ending and that the two-POV in the story is much better. Also, the conclusion to the story of Shug is a bit disappointing. For me, it's a bittersweet ending and I was even hoping that maybe there's a second installment to the story. But looks like it is to the reader's imagination on what happened to Shug and Jack, if they could see each other again in the future and if they will have a happy ending.