The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris

The Tattooist of Auschwitz The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Perfect 5 stars for the The Tattooist of Auschwitz! This book follows the true story of Slovakians Lale and Gita who experienced spending several years in the Nazi concentration camp during the Holocaust period. Lale was a linguist; a Jew; prisoner 34902; and was a Tetovierer (tattooist in German) in the Auschwitz concentration camp in Birkenau, Poland.

I'm always fascinated on this darkest period of the history, hence I read books that contains the said theme whenever I have the chance. Reading another memoir of one of the survivors made me envisioned what happened to the prisoners of Nazi Germany. However, Lale and Gita were very lucky to survived and after the liberation, they had a better life when they migrated to the land down under.

If you are like me who are into reading memoir and anything about the Holocaust, you should try to read The Tattooist of Auschwitz because I'm certain that you will also like it.