Nothing Happens in This Book by Judy Ann Sadler

Nothing Happens in This Book Nothing Happens in This Book by Judy Ann Sadler
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This children's story has a cute story, but the moral lesson is quite vague. I read this for the second time; I have to think carefully after, so I can be able to come up with what message this book wants to say.

I suppose that it's up to the reader's comprehension on how he or she can interpret the story. And from what I understand, it is about how honesty — to return things to their rightful owner just like the boy did.


Another lesson hidden is instead of being pessimistic, just like what was shown by the boy in the first part of the story, try to be positive in life. The boy kept on saying that nothing happens in this book at first. But when the reader have decided to turn the pages, the story progressed and the boy continued his journey. And in the end, something really happened in the book contrary to the boy's statement in the beginning.


Not what I've expected from a children's story book; I think kids will have a hard time understanding what the story is all about. However, kids will love this story if only there's the guidance of parents or teachers to explain to them.