Lullabies by Lang Leav

22151696

AUTHOR: Lang Leav
PUBLISHER: Andrews McMeel Publishing
PUBLICATION DATE: September 16, 2014
PAGES: 248
SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS:

A sequel to the hugely popular, best-selling Love & Misadventure, Lullabies continues to explore the intricacies of love and loss.

Set to a musical theme, love's poetic journey in this new, original collection begins with a Duet and travels through Interlude and Finale with an Encore popular piece from the best-selling Love & Misadventure. Lang Leav's evocative poetry speaks to the soul of anyone who is on this journey.

Leav has an unnerving ability to see inside the hearts and minds of her readers. Her talent for translating complex emotions with astonishing simplicity has won her a cult following of devoted fans from all over the world.

Lang Leav is a poet and internationally exhibiting artist.



MY RATING:3STARS
I had high hopes for these poetry books of this author because they are always on the bestseller list in our local bookstores here. So I was really curious about what's the hype and give some time to read them. Just like my review of her book Love & Misadventure, I was thinking that maybe I was neither in love or heartbroken that's why I cannot fully grasp those poems. But I guess it's not me because there are other not-so-good reviews about this.

Still, regardless of the low rating I gave and the bad review, I found some good poems in this book such as When, An Artist in Love, Forewarned, The Dream, The Poet, Perfect, Ode to Sorrow, and Almost.


While the short stories I enjoyed are Patience



Dyslexia, Dead Poets, Despondency, and Nostalgia for Today.




If you are interested in this book, you may buy it from Amazon:


images