The Book of Pearl by Timothée de Fombelle

The Book of Pearl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Without checking out the synopsis, the title and cover of this book piqued my interest. I was really drawn into the story once I've started reading it; from beginning till the end, I highly anticipated the succeeding scenarios in the book.

The narrative of The Book of Pearl is a mix of fantasy and historical fiction that will get the attention of young adults and even much older readers. Even though the start of the story is a little bit confusing, I was able to comprehend what was happening as I continued to read through the succeeding chapters. I was engrossed in the story that is why I was able to finish it within almost 6 hours of reading.

This book of Timothee de Fombelle was first published in French in 2014. Thanks to the translators that it was finally translated into English, so that more readers could be able to read the wonderful story of Joseph “Ilian” Pearl and his adventures from the Kingdoms into our world.