Wolves and Roses by Christina Bauer

Wolves and Roses
MY RATING: 2 of 5 stars

Wolves and Roses, the first book in the Fairy Tales of the Magicorum, is a fantasy and young adult fiction written by Christina Bauer. The storyline is based on the fictional characters such as werewolves, fairies, witches and other fairy tale characters.

I stopped reading this novel around pages 90-95 because I felt that the story is going nowhere. The pacing of the story is quite slow and what irked me is how horny the character of Knox is; I was annoyed of the repetitive, "Mate! Mate!" whenever he sees Bryar Rose.

Despite that I didn't finished reading this, I still give this a 2-star rating because I like how unique the plot of the story is. However, Bauer wasn't able to deliver well because the end-product is not what I'd expected from the synopsis.