The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate

The One and Only Ivan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I came across this when I was checking out last year about the upcoming Disney movies. Based on the synopsis, it was based on the award-winning children's book written by Katherine Applegate and famous actors will be the voice of the characters in the story. I scheduled to read this on the very first day of 2019 and I was really delighted that I made this my first read of the year.

I didn't expect that this was quite good and hopefully the movie adaptation will be as great just like the book. I know that Ivan's story will make an impact on anyone who will either read this or those who will go watch the film because of how heartwarming and it is an eye-opener to wildlife animal preservation.

This is a light read and I'm pretty excited to see this is the big screen; I'll just need to be prepared once the sorrowful parts are shown because I was teary-eyed when I've read those in the book. I want a lot of people to be aware to take care and be the voice of all animals, either domesticated or wildlife, hence, I highly recommend this to everyone.