The Golden Maple Tree by Marc Remus

The Golden Maple Tree
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The second book in the Magora Series, The Golden Maple Tree, continues the adventure of Holly and her friends in the magical world of Magora. When I was given the chance to read the first and second installment in this series, I can't help but compare it to the Chronicles of Narnia and the Harry Potter series, much more to the latter.

When I've read the term "Unfinished" in this second installment, I reckon that the author's inspirations are the Muggle-born and the dementors in the Harry Potter series ; I distinguished a lot of similarities or sort of influence from J.K. Rowling's re-known book series. Holly O' Flanigan reminds me of Harry because their life story is quite the same and that they have friends who help them through thick and thin. Not to mention that their personalities are pretty much similar because of how determined they are on helping, even if their safety is at stake.

Although that there might have some resemblances to other novels, the books in the Magora series still has its own identity and a quite surprising middle-grade series that will readers find really enjoyable.