Alters Vol. 1

34827009AUTHOR: Paul Jenkins
ILLUSTRATOR: Leila Leiz
PUBLISHER: Aftershock
PUBLICATION DATE: May, 2017
PAGES: 144
SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS:

As the world struggles to accept the emergence of a new kind of human species known as alterations, or “Alters,” a young woman must navigate the path to becoming her true self, while struggling with the complications of her civilian life and the responsibilities of her newfound power.
This groundbreaking series--years in the making--begins the saga of a young woman who can only really be herself…whenever she is not herself.












MY RATING:4STARS
I gave this graphic novel a high rating because of how I like original the story is. Chalice, the protagonist, is a trans-woman and possessed extraordinary powers just like the other Alters or superheroes. It is unknown what is the cause of their abilities as it was not reveal in this volume.
alters03
I might check the development on the succeeding issue because I'm curious if it would get better. I liked this, but not to the extent that I would consider following the comic series.

If you are interested in this book, you may buy it from Amazon:








images